Symptoms of social anxiety disorder
Feeling shy or uncomfortable doesn’t necessarily mean you have social anxiety disorder. Here are some emotional and behavioral symptoms that, when persistent, can indicated social anxiety:
- Extreme anxiety and self-consciousness in social settings
- Fear of judgment or embarrassment when around others
- Excessive worry before a social event
- Trembling hands and shaky voice
- Upset stomach
- Hot flashes
- Feeling faint
- Avoiding social settings in a way that disrupts your life
- Hiding in the background
- Drinking to “calm your nerves” before social events
Our Chicago based licensed therapists can help you combat your social fears and overcome your phobia so you can start embracing life.
If you are in Illinois and are ready to take the first step in regaining balance in your life, contact us today at (312) 346-5156.
I’ve scheduled an initial therapy appointment, now what? Getting started in therapy can feel overwhelming, and rightly so. For many of us, it is our first time talking to someone we don’t know about our private experiences and feelings. The time leading up to the...
HEALTHY LIVING STARTS NOW
180 N. Michigan Ave. Suite 1040
Chicago, IL 60601
Get In Touch
We offer comprehensive support so you can regain control and rebuild your life.
Join Our List
Subscribe to our newsletter today!